-I can’t believe I’m 24 weeks. Only a few more weeks until I enter the 3rd and final trimester!
-We have received a crap ton of deliveries (I’m not mad about it) for the nursery. SOOOO excited to get the little gal’s room fixed up.
-Speaking of deliveries, we had a company deliver some furniture this week and they proceeded to run over our mailbox. As in completely ruin it. Right now we cannot receive mail. Such a pain in the butt!
-We ran out of Brutus’ food the other morning so I had to give him biscuits/treats for breakfast. I put about 5 biscuits in his bowl and the little guy couldn’t believe his luck. Seriously he pranced around the house a couple of times before digging in because he couldn’t believe I was giving him treats for breakfast!!
-We rented Safe Haven the other night and I was disappointed. It was pretty slow and I didn’t love the actors. I didn’t think there was any chemistry!
-My birthday is Sunday so we have a busy weekend planned. I hope you all have a great one!
In honor of the birthday week, I made Birthday Cake Chocolate Chip Cookies via the best dessert blog ever!! These were super yummy and contained everything I love!
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Birthday Cake Golden Oreos **I used the original golden Oreos because I could not find the birthday cake
- In a bowl of your stand mixer cream butter and sugar together for about a minutes until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and beat until smooth.
- With mixer on low add in baking soda, salt, flour and cake mix, stirring until mixture just comes together.
- With mixer still on low add in sprinkles, chocolate chips, and chopped Oreos. Stir until evenly incorporated.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours, an overnight is better.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 350°
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and form dough into round balls, placing them 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 8-10 minutes until edges are slightly golden. **Mine baked for 13 minutes…I must make large cookies!
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack to continue cooling.