Due Date: November 8, 2013
Gender: Girl, girl, girl!!
Movement: Definitely feeling some movement now!! Even Derek has gotten to feel a couple of kicks. Honestly, it’s a pretty weird feeling. I’m sure I’ll get used to it…but for now, I still stop and feel my stomach every time I feel something. Right at 22 weeks was the first time I felt something inside my belly!
Feeling: The past month, I have felt fantastic. I’m so happy and have a ton of energy. Monday was probably the first time in a while that I did not feel good. I woke up exhausted and worn out even though I had gotten plenty of sleep over the weekend. I also had an uncomfortable feeling, almost like a pinching sensation, really high up around my rib cage. No matter how I sat/lay, I could not get it to go away. Finally after taking a walk and a nice warm bath, I felt good enough to sleep. Hoping the second trimester energy boosts stay around for just a little longer.
Food Cravings: None at all. But, almost everything sounds good again. I had soup for the first time this week since I’ve been pregnant.
Food Aversions: None
Clothes: All bottoms are maternity. I really do not have any maternity tops yet. I’m hoping all my long tops that I have can hold me over. Although, I may need to invest in some maternity work out gear since I’ve been walking every night. My shorts are getting a little too short and all my larger t-shirts are getting a bit tight. I’m looking forward to purchasing a new dress for my upcoming shower!!!
Stretch Marks: Thankfully none at this point. But you better believe I’m lathering up 2x a day!
Sleep: I’m still sleeping as good as normal. I really hope this continues!! Most nights I’ll wake up with a charlie horse or cramp in my leg. I’ll just drink some water and go right back to sleep.
Symptoms: Some acid/heartburn and discomfort around ribs. I’ve found that I can alleviate all back/tailbone pain with my walking so I am making this a priority for me and the Little Man every night. But I have to say that I feel very lucky with this pregnancy. So far so good! Hope it continues!
What I Miss: Hot dogs! Seriously, I think not having hot dogs is one of the disadvantages about being pregnant during the summer. I still miss wine and blue cheese. Oh and I cannot wait to have a big giant sub. I still get the veggie at Subway and Jimmy Johns, but I cannot wait for the Spicy Italian again!!
Best Moment: When checking out at Kohls, the employee asked me when I was due. Honestly, she caught me off guard for a moment because a stranger has not asked me this before. It was the first time somebody I didn’t know noticed that I was pregnant!!! I got soooo excited. In fact, I’m pretty sure she was not ready for my reaction.
- Finally having a bump that was noticeable! 23 weeks marked the milestone for this
- Feeling movement finally at 22 weeks.
- Our Florida trip. It definitely was a mix bag of emotions for me. On one hand, it was so nice to feel like I was my old self again. Staying out until 3AM, laughing, feeling like I was still a “good time.” However, I would then have internal pity parties of how unfair it was that women have to give up so much during pregnancy and men do not have to give up anything. I allowed myself a couple of these moments, got over it, and then went back to having a good time. Thank goodness I was at 23 weeks because I have a feeling if it was anytime before or after, my body would not have been so tolerant!
- I eat a lot of lunches in my car since I’m driving to and from meetings for work. Usually, I just put a napkin down on my lap to catch any/all food that may fall. Well now, it hits my baby bump before the napkin! Definitely have to cover the bump with the napkin now.
- My birthday weekend. Such a great birthday!! (24 weeks)
- Getting all the deliveries for the nursery (23 weeks)
- Starting to put together the nursery (24 weeks). Cannot wait for this to be done!
- Looking forward to my first baby shower next weekend!!