First, a BIG thank you for everybody that linked up yesterday! You are awesome. And I loved reading everybody’s posts. Now, on to the fun!
I wish I would have taken pictures while we prepped these limes, but I didn’t even think of it (I know, right!). Anyway, the original recipe is from here!
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 4 hrs 45 min
Servings: 40 servings
- 10 whole limes
- 1 cup limeade (we used the frozen minute maid limeade)
- 2 envelopes plain gelatin
- 3/4 cup tequila
- 2 tablespoons triple sec
- 1 tablespoon sweetened lime juice
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Cut the limes in half lengthwise. Scoop out the insides. (Note- this took forever! I suggest using a pairing knife and cutting along the edge. While holding the lime in the palm of your hand, use tablespoon to scoop out the insides. I spun the lime in my hand while going around-and-around with the spoon. Hope this makes some sense.
- Add the limeade to a saucepan, sprinkle the gelatin over the juice. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Heat the limeade over low heat, stirring, until the gelatin has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tequila, triple sec, and sweetened lime juice. Pour into the lime halves.
- Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Cut the limes into half, sprinkle with salt, and serve.
These were seriously a huge hit of the party! Honestly, they were a little sour for Derek and my taste. However, everybody loved them so I would say make them per the recipe. I have a couple of other recipes similar to this one with different flavors that I cannot wait to try!