Makes 4 servings (1 pepper half per serving)
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 3/4 cup instant brown rice
- 1 cup chunky-style mild salsa
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained (optional)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 slices Sargento® Deli Style Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- Cut peppers in half; remove seeds. Place in a shallow baking dish, cut-side down. Bake in preheated 425°F oven 15 minutes or until skins begin to bubble and peppers are just tender.
- Boil 3/4 cups water in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in rice; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in salsa, beans and corn, and mix lightly. Add chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Fill baked peppers with rice mixture; cover with foil. Bake in preheated 400°F oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and top with cheese slices. Continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and filling is hot. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Let me know if you try it! We made ours with some hot salsa which made it even spicier and better =)
Hope you have a great weekend!