Shouldn't be too hard right? Wish me luck!
Anyway, just in case you missed the first DIY project, I thought I would post it again:
These are DIY apothecary jars that I adapted from Shanty-2-Chic's blog. For Christmas time, you can use “J-O-Y” or during Halloween, you can use “B-O-O”….I’m sure there are a lot more combos!
Here are the steps:
1.) Gather your supplies! Here is what you need:
- 3 jars with lids- differing sizes if you like
- 3 wooden letters that spell "joy"
- 3 wooden finials
- 3 4x4 wooden bases
- 3 5x5 wooden bases
- 3 wooden candle sticks- differing sizes if you like
- Ribbon to hang the letters
- Holiday ribbon to tie around finials
- Black acrylic paint
- Christmas candy
- Gorilla Glue
2) Paint finials, lids of jars, all bases, candle sticks, and letters black with the acrylic paint. I added a little black glitter acrylic paint to my letters, but it is up to you!
3) Using the gorilla glue, adhere candle sticks to top and bottom bases. Also, glue the finials on top of the lids.
4) Fill the jars with any type of item; I used the mints. Here's a hint.....don't use a candy that you have to unwrap. Please use my stupidity and don't make this mistake! I unwrapped...and unwrapped for what seemed forever! You could use mini ornaments, Christmas bells, tinsel, or anything you like!
5) Lastly, assemble and make beautiful!
Hope you have a great weekend!