ANYWAY- thanks again for all of your questions and without further adieu:
- How did you know your Husband was "the one"? (CMae)- This is a very good question.....to answer the long of the short of it, I think it was really the commitment and effort Derek and I put into the four years of the long-distance relationship. It really proved to me that he was "the one" and our relationship could really make it through anything!
- When do you guys want to start a family and how many kids do you want? (you know I was going to ask that one!). :) Also, what are your favorite clothing stores, you always look so cute! (Courtney)- Another great question! We definitely want a family but we're in no rush!! We have been married two years now so we will start TALKING about having a family, I would say, next year. We haven't been on our honeymoon yet, so that's the first priority =) We are very undecided on how many kids we want. We are excited about starting a family so I would say anywhere from 1 to 3!
- Thanks so much for the compliment by the way! My favorite stores would probably be The Limited, Macy's, and Nordstrom
- What do you do for a living and how did you decide that career path? If you could choose only one vacation place to visit for the rest of your life, where would you go? (Kristen)- I don't think I've ever shared this on my blog for some reason but both my husband and I are in the health care field. He is a pharmacist and I'm in administration. I just completed my classes for my Master's in Hospital Administration. I work at a 2-hospital system here in Cincinnati doing everything from marketing and finance to strategy and human resources! I decided this career path by completing my undergraduate degree in -basically- the same thing. I had interests of one day becoming a physician....but the administration field intrigue me sooo much! AND- I didn't want to go to school for another 12 years!!!
- One vacation place...that is a hard one because I want to travel so many places!!!! But if I had to choose one, I would probably pick Mexico. As Brad Paisley graciously puts it: "No one I know goes to Mexico to drink the water anyway" =)
- When did you start blogging and what's your favorite thing about it? (dave and jenn)- I started blogging when I got engaged! We had our own wedding website, so this is really where my blog began....then it finally turned over to a site kind-of like Blogger for about a year. I followed so many of the blogspot blogs, so I then (once again!) moved my blog to Blogger last December! I've met so many great friends (including you Jenn!)
- My favorite thing to blog about....hmmmmm.....probably either fashion, food, or decorating =)
- 1) What is your ideal meal - first course to last? 2) What made you build instead of buy? 3) Do you shower in the morning or at night? (Kate)- My ideal meal, this is an easy one because I LOVE food! First Course: Jumbo lump crab cake; Second Course: Any type of "waldorf" salad! Love those fruit, nuts, and blue cheese crumbles in my salads with a delish vinaigrette!; Third Course: Medium rare filet mignon (hands down!)!! If you don't mind, I would love a side of roasted asparagus and loaded au gratin potatoes; Dessert: Ok, let me preface by saying, I LOVE me some sweets.....but I'm not a typical "dessert-at-restaurants" kind of person...so I would say my request would be a chocolate chip pizookie!
- We built our house because after looking, we couldn't find exactly what wanted. I come from a family of built-homes (my dad built all 3 of them!)...so it kind of runs in my blood! Plus, there is nothing like living in a brand-spankin' new home! We weren't in any rush because we were living in an apartment with a month-to-month lease, so the timing was perfect to build
- And my shower habits (I love your questions Kate, haha!) I'm definitely a morning showerer!! There is just something about it......AND the shower helps wake me up and feel refreshed!
- What is your favorite movie? (Brittany)- Well this is another hard question. My favorite genre is probably action/suspense movies....but I would say my all time favorite movie would probably have to be Mean Girls. A CLASSIC!
- What has been the hardest part about building a new home? What has been your favorite part? What was your favorite aspect of wedding planning? (the girl in the red shoes)- The hardest part has been coming face-to-face with reality that we are not going to furnish this house over night!!!! There are so many other expenses that come along with building a new home like landscaping, buying a lawn mower, blinds, paint, grass seed, light fixtures, etc! So it makes it a bit challenging to sit back and slowly-but-surely get this house furnished!!
- My favorite part would probably be just having a house!! It was so much fun to pick out all the last details...but now that we are actually in our house, it's so nice to have it be "ours"!
- My favorite aspect of wedding planning.....EVERYTHING!!!!! I was on such a tight budget (think: champagne tastes on a beer budget)!! So that really made me plan and budget like no other! I made everything, from the save-the-dates, to the invitations, table numbers, place cards, guest book, programs, thank-you cards, card box....you name it, I made it! It was sooo much fun for me!
- What's your dream vacation? If you could do ANY job, what would it be? (Mrs EyeCanSee)- My dream vacation would probably be a New Zealand, Australia, Fiji trip. You said dream right =)
- ANY job....definitely relates to the question above.....my dream job would be a wedding planner! PSA: Anybody in the Cincinnati/Columbus area, I would pay YOU to let me plan your wedding! Ahh maybe someday I'll be able to do this....
Thanks SO much again for all of your great questions! I really enjoyed answering and hope you enjoyed reading!