As I said yesterday, we made a lot of new recipes over the long weekend. Not only did I have time to go to the grocery store...but I even had time to cook the food!! =) I wanted to share a super great recipe for football tailgating, potluck, side dish, or even as dinner (like we did!). I got the awesome recipe from Foodgawker!
If you are like me, you like anything buffalo flavored!! This recipe is perfect because the sauce is not heavy but rather is a buffalo vinaigrette! Ok ok ok, I'll quite typing and provide the recipe...
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta (such as mezze penne)
- 1/2 cup Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups precooked chicken, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions to al dente. Drain and rinse thoroughly with cold water.
- Meanwhile, whisk together hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and celery salt in small bowl until well combined.
- Place pasta in large mixing bowl. Stir in chicken, blue cheese, carrots, and celery. Slowly mix in dressing until desired amount.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy!