IT IS OFFICIAL...WE ARE HOMEOWNERS! Closing was today and everything went so smoothly! We received our keys and then the home was all ours! But because of all the stress of painting, moving, and then the furniture...it wasn't really time to celebrate yet. I had to go straight to work after the closing and then after work, go get us some furniture!! You will never guess what happened while I was running around (like I crazy woman) trying to find the goods:
- First, I had Derek's car all day today. Long story why, but I never drive this car...ever. It is a boy car. There is trash everywhere and it smells bad. So, I just stick to my car. OH and let me add one final thing before I get to the story: I drive a standard. I have always had a car with a manual transmission. But Derek's car is an automatic.
- So after I quick order the living room set from one place, I set off to go get us a dining room set. I go to park in the parking lot and my key won't come out of the ignition. Seriously, stuck in "ACC" and won't turn over to "start" or to "lock" to get the key out.
- I panic....Well honestly, I get mad at Derek. Lol, so logical to get mad at the husband who is NOT there! I was just aggravated that he had me drive his car and then this situation happens. I am about 15 miles away from my house, Derek is at work (until 10pm), and I don't know how to get the key out of the ignition.
- When I said I panicked....I panicked! I called my roadside assistance. They said there was nothing they could do but tow me to a mechanic shop. So here I am (panicking) thinking that I will be sitting at a closed mechanic shop until 10:30 until my husband can come get me; An unnecessary bill for a mechanic to remove the key from the ignition; Not getting furniture shopping done tonight...blah blah blah
- So after I agreed to be towed and get all that stuff taken care of I called my Dad. I always call my dad when something is wrong with my car because even though he is 1,000 miles away, he can fix it...ALWAYS!
- So I tell him the situation and he said (paraphrasing of course) switch it from "park" to "drive" and back to "park". I look down and the freakin car is not in park!!!!!!!!! I was trying to take the keys out of the ignition when it was still in drive. Are you kidding me?!?!?!? (*added for my self-esteem- there is no "park" in standards, so I'm not use to doing this when I stop and get out of the car") Of course the key comes right out with no problems once I switch the car in to park.
Anyway, So yes, it's official that we are homeowners now...but also that I'm an idiot = )