Today's post is from our Cooking Class Derek and I took last month! Because we were able to bring home the amazing dough from Dewey's, Derek made us a pizza...a good ol' fashioned pepperoni pizza!
Here is a great recipe for a "quick dough"
- 2 to 2.25 cups unbleached all purpose flour or high gluten flour
- 1/4 ounce pack of dry active yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Hot water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a food processor with the motor off, combine 3/4 cup of flour, yeast, and sugar
- Turn the motor on and add 2/3 cup of hot water then turn the motor off
- With the motor off, add the oil and salt
- Turn the motor back on and begin to add the remaining flour until it forms a ball
- If it is too dry, add more water 1-teaspoon at a time if it is too wet, add more flour 1-tablespoon at a time
- When you have the correct consistency, continue the process for 15 seconds
- Remove from the food processor and place in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes
- ITS READY TO USE
This crust is great for any type of pizza! Enjoy!