The other night I adapted two Pioneer Woman recipes into one and you guys, the outcome was out of this world! Seriously, Derek and I commented how this recipe was now a favorite in the house. And healthy too.
First, you want to marinate the shrimp with her Tequila Lime recipe:
-Juice from 4 limes
-1 cup tequila
-1/4 cup olive oil
-2 teaspoons kosher salt
-1 jalapeno sliced
-1/2 bunch chopped fresh cilantro
-2 pounds whole jumbo shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Put all the marinade ingredients into a food processor/blender. Combine the shrimp and marinade into a sealed bag and let sit in the fridge for several hours (at least 5).
-4 cloves garlic minced
-2 whole zucchini sliced
-2 ears of corn, kernels sliced off
-1/2 cup grape tomatoes sliced in half lengthwise
-1/2 bell pepper
-1 cup of Monterey jack cheese (optional)
-Salt and pepper
1) Heat butter or olive oil in a large skillet over medium/high heat
2) Add minced garlic
3) Add shrimp and season with salt
4) Cook for 3 minutes or until shrimp becomes slightly opaque (I used medium heat here as the recipe suggested; however, next time I'll definitely use a higher heat to get more of a golden crisp on the outside of the shrimp)
5) Remove shrimp to a plate
6) Using the same skillet and adding butter/olive oil if needed, add zucchini slices in a single layer and cook for one minute, turning once
7) Move zucchini to the edges of the pan and add corn kernels to the middle of the plan. Cook for one minute.
8) Add grape tomatoes and bell pepper. Salt and pepper the veggies and toss around
9) Add shrimp and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
10) Lastly, sprinkle cheese over stir-fry (if using) and Enjoy
We served ours over a bed of rice and it was absolutely delicious. Cannot wait to make it again!