Recipe adapted from here
- 3 tbsp mayo
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 2 Fresh ciabatta rolls cut in half
- 1/4 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 7 tbsp panko
- 1 minced clove garlic
- 1lb wild salmon fillet
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Olive Oil
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 oz. avocado
- Combine mayonnaise and sriracha, set aside.
- Remove the skin from the salmon, and cut about a 4 oz piece off. Place in a food processor or chopper to finely chop. This will help hold the burgers together. With a knife finely chop the remaining salmon.
- In a medium bowl combine the salmon with the bell peppers, panko and garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine egg, soy sauce, lemon juice, and salt; add to salmon mixture, tossing gently to combine. Form mixture into 4 patties and refrigerate at least one hour, this will help the burgers become firm and hold together during cooking.
- Lightly coat a grill pan or skillet with olive oil. Place over medium-high heat until hot. Cook the patties 4 to 5 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place half of ciabatta roll on each plate. Top with argula, salmon burger, 1 tbsp of mayo, and then avocado slices